Welcome to our Nursery Class Family page
We would like to extend a warm welcome to all our families and hope you find our website useful and informative.
Our Nursery aims to provide a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment which supports the growth of confidence, an enthusiasm for learning and respect for themselves and others.
We value and develop a close partnership with families to facilitate close links in children’s learning and wellbeing between home and school. Please take some time to look at our Nursery Curriculum Page.
- Morning session times: 8.30am - 11.30am (not including lunch)
- Afternoon session times: 12.15-3.15 (not including lunch)
- Full day 8.30am - 3.15pm (including lunch)
- Sessions are flexible depending on the individual needs of families.
To apply for a Nursery place, please collect an application form from the office and return it with your child’s birth certificate. You can fill an application form in when your child turns 2 years of age. Children will be offered a place as soon as one becomes available from their 3rd birthday onwards. We offer 30 hours to all nursery children. If you are interested in applying for a place at Silverdale Primary Academy and would like to come for a look around, please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
Nursery Government Funded Hours
- Universal Government Funded (15) hours, which is available in the term after a child turns 3, can be used for either morning sessions, afternoon sessions or both sessions.
- A declaration form needs completing and returning to school before the start of each term to obtain the 15 Universal Government Funded Hours.
- Since 2017, the number of Government Funded Hours increased to 30 hours for eligible families. Parents need to apply the term before they wish to access Extended Government Funded Hours.
How To Apply For Extended Government Funded Hours (30 hours)
- Parents must apply online to HMRC’s digital childcare service at: https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/par/app/applynow
- If parents are eligible for Extended Government Funded Hours, they will be given an 11 digit eligibility code for their child.
- Once a code has been given, please complete and return to school the ‘Details for Claiming 30 Hours Childcare’ form (available on the school website). This form must be returned to school the term before you wish your child to start claiming Extended Government Funded Hours.
- Parents are advised to contact the Childcare Service Customer Interaction Centre at HMRC on 0300 1234097 should they encounter any problems regarding the 30 hour application process.
- All Government Funded Hours are for 38 weeks of the year, for a set number of weeks each term.
Once you have received a letter to confirm a place for your child in our Nursery, we will invite Parents to an Induction Evening Meeting during the month of June to talk you through everything you may need to know. Further Stay and Play sessions are arranged prior the summer holidays for your child and a member of your family to visit our school to meet our staff. We also make links with any previous nursery settings that your child has attended and arrange a phone call with you as parents to talk through any needs that your child may have.